Make a Difference
Get Involved: Donate Your Time
Volunteer opportunities at Tarrant Area Food Bank include:
- Fill tummies this school year with the school pantry program. We’ve partnered with Target to run Meals for Minds, a school pantry program that occurs monthly on the Northside of Fort Worth and provides fresh food to enrolled students and their families. Volunteers who are 16 years or older are needed the 3rd Tuesday afternoon each month during the school year to help unload and distribute food directly to families in need. Background check required. Contact Robyn to learn more.
- Share your talent in the kitchen and passion for healthy food by volunteering as a culinary instructor, nutrition instructor, course assistant, course manager or photographer for Cooking Matters®, a program of Share Our Strength. Attend an upcoming Cooking Matters® Orientation for Volunteers to learn more.
- Quality Control: Inspect, sort and place food in storage boxes. Open to individuals and groups including corporate, school, service, civic, religious, professional and social groups. Children as young as 8 years old and 48 inches tall may volunteer with adult accompaniment.
- BackPacks for Kids night: Pack nonperishable, kid-friendly food for school-aged children at risk of hunger on the weekends. Groups and families with children as young as 8 years old and 48 inches tall may volunteer with adult accompaniment.
- Community Gardens: Assist with the Food Bank's Learning Garden maintenance and upkeep or offer your expertise as a garden educator.
- Community Kitchen Production: Assist the production team in assembling prepared meals for distribution to Partner Agencies and their clients. Volunteers must be 18 years or older.
- Birthday-in-a-Bag: Youth are invited to assemble birthday party items for children who participate in our Food for Kids programs. Volunteers provide items including cake mix, icing, party decorations, toys, etc. Assembly may be performed at home or at the food bank.
- Canned Food Drives: Work with businesses and organizations to organize food drives or work with existing food drive groups, or start your own canned food drive.
- Nutrition Services: Cooking Matters® orientation for Volunteers, upcoming dates.
Volunteer as a culinary instructor, nutrition instructor, course assistant, course manager, tour leader or photographer for Cooking Matters®, a program of Share Our Strength.
- Farmers Market Nutrition Program: Help register mothers and their young children to receive fresh, locally grown produce directly from farmers. Available weekdays June through September. Training required for FMNP volunteers.
- Summer Food Service Program:
Volunteers lead enrichment activities with child participants at summer feeding sites. Children as young as 8 years old may volunteer with adult accompaniment. Available weekdays during June - August. Training required for SFSP volunteers.
- School Pantry:
Help unload and distribute food directly to families in need
at Meals for Minds, a Target-sponsored school pantry
program that occurs monthly on the Northside of Fort Worth. Volunteers needed the 3rd Tuesday afternoon each month during the school year. Background check required.
- Administrative Assistance: Help with record-keeping, list management, writing thank-you notes, data entry and other computer-based projects, preparing mailings, telephoning and reception desk duties.
For more information and to schedule volunteer hours, please Contact Us.